Abbas Jalilian (who is more commonly known as Ako Jalilian) was born in 1972 in Shaabad, Kermanshah province of East Kurdistan, Iran. He is one of the writers of the region who has made great efforts in the field of revival of Kurdish language and culture in Ilam and Kermanshah provinces which is oppressed by the central regime.
He is the writer of the encyclopedia that has been published in two languages: Kurdish, Persian and English.
He also wrote the Kurdica Dictionary which contains all the dialects of Kalhori, Kurmanji, Sorani, Laki, Lori and Shabak.
Ako Jalilian has been working on this encyclopedia for several years and it is considered to be one of the richest dictionaries in terms of number of words.
He is one of the leading writers of the revival of Kurdish language and literature in Ilam and Kermanshah provinces. Most of his field research works in the field of Kurdish language and culture include:
1. Dictionary of the South: Lower Kurdish Dictionary.
2. Zarina and Simina / Volume 1 / contains Kurdish Proverbs and Idioms.
3. Zarina and Simina / Volume 2 / contains Kurdish Proverbs.
4. Zarina and Simina / Volume 3 / contains Folk Poetry.
5. Zarina and Simina / Volume 4 / contains Kurdish Beliefs and Myths.
6. Zarina and Simina / Volume 5 / contains Kurdish poetry and waves and suffering
7. Colors / contains Kurdish short stories
8. Ager Maluch / it is a Kurdish Novel (First Novel in Kalhori)
9. Treasury of Iranian Dialects, Dialectology of Kermanshah Province / Volume 1
10. Dark House: A New Identity for an Ancient History / it is a work on Kurdish Names of Villages in the Kermanshah province.
11. Kurdica Dictionary: The largest Kurdish dictionary. A dictionary of all dialects in the north, south and east, as well as English and Persian.