1- Name and general information:
I. Name and Surname: Ezzadin Najmadin M. Amin Baban
II. Data and place of birth: First July 1957 – Chamchamal - Kirkuk
III. Date of starting the work: 1984 - Salahaddin University
VI. Address: Sulaimani University, College of Basic Education, Kurdistan Region, IRAQ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
2- Scientific Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Geophysical Science
3- Scientific Title:
Professor since 2014
4- Previous Employment Experience (Official Position):
a. Member of teaching staff for More than 36 years in Salahaddin and Sulaimani universities.
b. Dean of Basic Education College, Sulaimani University - Iraq. (From 2003 to 31 July 2010).
c. Representative of President of Sulaimani University in Iraqi Higher Education Ministry Council (from 2003 till 2004).
d. Head of Computer Science Dept. – College of Science – Sulaimani Univ. (from 2001- 2003).
e. Director of Computer center at University of Salahaddin (from 1992-1996).
f. Responsible of Computer branch – College of Science - Salahaddin Univ. (1985- 1996).
g. Responsible of Examination and Evaluation office, College of Science-Salahaddin Univ. (1984-1985).
5- Direct functions:
A- Administrative committee and Activities:
I. At Salahaddin University:
a. Chief of computer committee in College of Science (1986-995).
b. Computer coordinator and Supervisor of Central Admission Office at Ministerial Council - Iraqi Kurdistan Region (1992-1995).
c. Opened several training courses and teaching in it for computer learning during 1985-1995) for whole Salahaddin University staffs.
d. Prepare a computer program for Iraqi Kurdistan election in 1992.
e. Prepared a computer program for student distribution for Central Admission Office at Ministerial Council - Iraqi Kurdistan Region in 1992.
II. At Sulaimani University:
a. Member of Science College committee, (from 2001 to 2003).
b. Member of scientific committee at geology dept., (from 2001 to 2003).
c. Member of university council during (2003 to 31-July 2010).
B- Supervising MSc and Ph.D. student:
a. Four Ph.D. Students at Sulaimani University, College of Science, Dept of Geology, Iraq.
b. Three MSc. Students at Sulaimani University, College of Science, Dept of Geology, Iraq.
c. Co-supervising Ph.D. student (sharing) at Baghdad University at Geology Dept. College of Science.
C-Teaching Experience and activities at Salahaddin and Sulaimani Universities (1985-2003).
a. Geophysical exploration- 3rd year - collage of science, geology dept (1987- 1988).
b. General geology, second year, chemistry dept (1986-1987).
c. Computer applications in geology, second year, geology Dept. (1986-2003).
d. Computer Science, for first year, geology dept. (1986-1993 and 2003)
e. Computer Science, for fourth year, geography dept. (College of Arts) (1991- 1992).
f. Computer Science, 3rd year, Economic dept. (College of Administration and economic) (1991-1992).
g. Computer Science, for first year, chemistry dept. (1988-1993)
h. Computer Science, for first year, Biology dept. (1988-1989)
i. Computer programming in chemistry, for second year, chemistry dept. (1987- 1995).
j. Computer applications for Higher Education (Postgraduate, M.Sc. and Ph.D.). (1990-2003).
k. Computer programming in Accounting & Management (for first & second year, College of Management and Economics (1994-1995).
l. Geophysical methods – postgraduate, M.Sc.– Salahaddin University (1999- 2000).
m. Geophysical methods – undergraduate – Sulaimani University (2001-2004).
n. Geophysical methods – Postgraduate, M.Sc. & Ph.D. – Sulaimani University (2001-2008).
o. Geophysical methods – Postgraduate, M.Sc. – Salahaddin University (2007/2008).
D- Computer Languages & software Applications Knowledge’s.
a. Designed the first student administration – distribution- programs for distribution the Kurdistan students on Salahaddin university Colleges and Institutes (from 1992 till 1995).
b. Designed a program for Kurdistan region elections in 1993.
c. Programmer in BASIC, FORTRAN, PASCAL, Visual Basic, and C Languages.
d. System analyzer: Design many big systems for Library, Student administration & distribution in colleges, and Payrolls using dBase, FOX Pro, Excel, Access software.
e. Microsoft office, DTP and many other graphics, scientific software.
f. Publisher User and Design Many Books, Magazines, Newspapers and Journals.
6- Published Books and Scientific Papers:
A. Published Books
a. Computer Science & programming in BASIC -1988, (Kurdish not printed due to political issue).
b. Introduction to the gravity exploration method.
c. Introduction to the seismic exploration.
B. Published Scientific Papers
1. Magnetic prospecting for Shaikh Ameer and Miqirtaya archaeological hills, east of Mosul city. North Iraq. First festival (workshop) of the Higher Education and Scientific research Ministry of Iraq, 1987.
2. Analytical studies of the gravity data of Southwest Haditha area-Western Desert- Iraq. First festival (workshop) of the Higher Education and Scientific research Ministry of Iraq, 1987.
3. Magnetic prospecting of the archaeological Qul Tappe hill, south Arbil city, Kurdistan Region, Iraq. J. Sci.Nat. 2(2), p19-23, October 1993.
4. Possible Triassic folding below Abu Rassain, The Western Desert, Iraq. J. Sci.Nat. 1(1), p28-34, September 1991.
5. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of gravity data in south Mosul -Area, N. Iraq. Second Scientific Conference of Salahaddin University. 1993.
6. Magnetic prospecting for Kazhawa and Bestana so or archaeological hills around Sulaimaniyah city. NE-Iraq.
7. Magnetic and Electrical Resistivity Investigations for Archaeological Exploration at Shaba-Cemetery, Erbil (NE-Iraq). Geophysical Exploration of Archaeological Sites vol.7, Berlin, 1993.
8. Geophysical study of a solid Bituminous body in Qaradagh region, South Sulaimani city, JDU (Sci) – special issue, The first scientific conference of Dohuk University, 2229 April 1999.
9. Resistivity properties of limestone rocks of some geological formations in parts of Iraqi Kurdistan region-NE Iraq, JZS, 137, 8(1)-A-, p, 2005.
10. An SW-NE seismic reflection transect at the western desert of Iraq, its tectonic applications, Seventh conference of HE in Iraq, Baghdad – Iraq- September 22- 23, 2004 Postgraduate the student in Iraqi Kurdistan region.
11. The situation of the international conference of technology, transfer of university education. Development –Cairo –Egypt September 27-30, 2004.
12. Two-dimension resistivity imaging/ tomography for hydrogeological study in Bazian basin - west Sulaimani city, NE-IRAQ, Workshop 19: ''The Big Future Picture of Petroleum Engineering'', Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 5 – 9, 2006.
13. Assessing reliability of 2D resistivity imaging to map a deep aquifer in carbonates rocks, Iraqi Kurdistan region. NE-IRAQ. Proceeding of Hypogene Speleogenesis and Karst Hydrogeology of Artesian Basins International Conference, May 13 through 17, 2009 in Chernivtsi, Ukraine. p257-265.
14. Paleomagnetic study of Aqra limestone outcrops northeastern Iraq and its tectonic applications, College of Science Journal, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 23 pages.
15. Study of a gravity profile along Derbendikhan – Kalar high way. second GeoKurdistan Conference 2012.
16. Study of Subsurface Structures Using Seismic Reflection Data for Kalar- Khanaqin Area, Kurdistan Region, Iraq, Arabian Journal of Geoscience, v 7(6), Springer – Holland.
17. Study of subsurface features using seismic reflection data in Erbil area, Kurdistan Region, Iraq, Arabian Journal of Geoscience, v7(9), Springer – Holland.
7- Cultural Magazines
a. Writing and publishing Many Studies and articles in Arabic and Kurdish magazines and newspapers 1984-1994.
b.Member of editorial board of Science and Nature Journal, 1991-1994.
c. Member of editorial board of Iraqi National Journal of Earth Sciences, Mosul University, since 2019-.
8- Participation in Conferences and Seminars:
1. 7th Conference of Higher Education, Baghdad, Iraq at Sept 22-23, 2004.
2. First International conference on technology transfer of University Education Development in Cairo, Egypt, Sept 27-30, 2004.
3. Oklahoma University hydrocarbon symposium in Amman- Jordan 7-14 Oct, 2004.
4. Higher Education Management Development Program training course 20- Nov-10- Dec, 2004, Birmingham, UK, (see appendix for certification, Page 7).
5. Discussion on Oil Blocks activities of the Iraqi Kurdistan Region as a professional member of Iraqi Kurdistan Government Delegation, Istanbul, Turkey, December 1- 6, 2005.
6. Hydrocarbon symposium and training course in Oklahoma, USA in Sept 2006.
7. Discussion on Oil Blocks activities of Iraqi Kurdistan Region as a professional member of Iraqi Kurdistan Government Delegation, Canada, Feb. 5-12, 2006
8. Training course on using Magnetometer instrument in Feb 2006, San Jose, California, USA.
9. Petroleum Workshop 19: ''The Big Future Picture of Petroleum Engineering'', Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 5 – 9, 2006.
10. Discussion on Hydrocarbon Blocks activities of the Iraqi Kurdistan Region as a professional technical member with WZA Petroleum Company, Beijing, China August 1 through 6, 2008.
11. The third International Conference on Geo-resource of the Middle East and North Africa, GRMENA-3 (21-24 Feb. 2009), Cairo University, Egypt.
12. Hypogene Speleogenesis and Karst Hydrogeology of Artesian Basins International Conference, May 13 through 17, 2009 in Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
13. Invitation to 9th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geo-Conference & EXPO SGEM 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria, 14-19, 2009.
14. Workshop with Total oil company, 22-23 May 2013.
15. Geophysical workshop for Sulaimani Geological survey directory staff, 27/4 – 5/4/2013, Dept. of Geology, School of science, Sulaimani University.
16. Oil and Gas technical discussion workshop 2014, 25-30/12/2013, Kharkov, Ukraine.
17. Waste management, EIA and Tunnel project workshop, 16-24/4/2014, Stockholm, Sweden.
18. Processing & Interpretation of Seismic reflection workshop, Natural resources Min- Erbil, 20- 21 Nov, 2013.
19. Cleaner Environmental for better future workshop, 17-18/5/2014, School of science, Sulaimani University.
20. Workshop about Gravity, GPR and GIS workshop, 27/1 – 5/2/2014, Dept. of Geology, School of science, Sulaimani University.
21. Geophysical workshop, Geology Department, College of Science, Sulaimani University, Dec 2014.
22. Workshop on (Oil and Gas new technical discussion) SINOPEC, Beijing, China. August 2008
23. Workshop on (Oil and Gas Technical Discussion) Shengli Oil Field Wanhe Petroleum Engineering Technology Company SINOPEC, China. May 2017
24. Workshop on Oil and Gas Technical Discussion, Prestil Energy co., Ukraine, December 2013.
25. Workshop Participation (KRG Water law) at Wza Petroleum Company Nov.2015.
26. Workshop Participation (Preparation of EIA and ESIA Study) at AF Company Sweden, January 2014.
27. 1st Springer Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences, (CAJG-1), Tunisia, 2018.
28. 2nd Springer Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences, (CAJG-1), Tunisia, 2019.
9- Thanking, acknowledgment and Discretion (compliment):
a. More than 20 thanking and discretion letters from my Colleges Dean during my work and occupations at Salahaddin University.
b. More than 7 thanking and discretion letters from president of Salahaddin University during my work and occupations at Salahaddin University.
c. One thanks and discretion letters from Kurdistan Region Prime Minister 1994.
d. One thanks and discretion letters from Kurdistan Region Education Ministry 2005.
e. Thanks, from Ministry of higher education, Presidency of the university, Environmental General Directorate,
10- Societies and Scientific Geology and Computer affairs:
a. Member of American Society of Exploration geophysics (SEG) since 2013.
b. Member of European Association of Geological Exploration (EAGE) since 2014.
c. Member of Geological Society of American (GSA)
d. Member of Iraqi geological society.
e. Member of Teacher Union’s of Kurdistan.
f. Member of Kurdistan geological society.
g. Founder members of Kurdistan Human Rights Organization (1992 to 1994).
h. Member of university council (from 2003 to July 2010).
i. Member of Baban cultural and social center (from 2013-).
j. Member of editorial board of Iraqi National Journal of Earth Sciences, Mosul University, 2019-2020.