Professor Dr Wirya Omar Amin
B.A, DIP, M.A, M.Phil., PhD
15-03-1947 born in Koysenjaq. Attended primary school in Ankawa village and
secondary and preparatory schools in Arbil.
(1971) B.A In Kurdish Language and Literature. Baghdad University.
(1972 – 1980) studied in Moscow and London Universities.
(1980) Instructor in the Kurdish Department – College of Education – University of
(1982 – 1999) Head of Kurdish Department.
(1992) Professor of General Linguistics. First Scholar to get this rank.
(1997) Member of Iraqi Academy.
(2004) Got second PhD in History.
(2007) Member of Kurdish Academy.
(1995 – 2012) Visiting Professor in the Salahadeen, Sulaimani , Koye and Garmiyan Universities.
* Speaks Kurdish, English. Arabic, Kildany , Persian, Turkish and Russian languages. Writes and publishes in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
* Supervised and chaired the examining committees of more than 350 PhD and M.A
Students in Kurdish, English, Persian and Arabic Languages and Literatures and
* Promoted more than 50 members of University staff to the ranks of professor , assistant professor and Instructor in Kurdish, English, Persian, Russian and Arabic languages and literatures and education.
* Published more than (1000) essays, articles, researches, books about Linguistics, Astronomy, History, Calendar, Literature and Science.
* His first publication was a poem in 1965. A collections of his poems entitled ( A Picnic in Poem Paradise) was published by Aras Press 2007.
* Received more than 400 books of thanks and appreciation certificates from scientific and cultural institutions.
* A book and more than 50 articles, researches and studies have been written about his works.
* 2012 Retired
* 2016 - Awarded the title of Professor Emeritus from the University of Baghdad. ⚠️ ئەم بابەتە بەزمانی (🇬🇧 English) نووسراوە، کلیک لە ئایکۆنی بکە بۆ کردنەوەی بابەتەکە بەو زمانەی کە پێی نووسراوە!
⚠️ This item has been written in (🇬🇧 English) language, click on icon to open the item in the original language!